Report a Phishing or Spoofed E-mail
We take phishing and spoofing attempts on our customers very seriously. If you receive an e-mail that you think may not be from Locoprice, please report it to us by sending the e-mail to email@example.com.
To report a phishing or spoofed e-mail:
- Do one of the following:
- Open a new e-mail and attach the e-mail you suspect is fake. Note: Sending this suspicious e-mail as an attachment is the best way for us to track it.
- If you can’t send the e-mail as an attachment, you can forward it.
- Send the e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Locoprice can’t respond personally when you report a suspicious e-mail to email@example.com, but you may receive an automatic confirmation. If you have security concerns about your account, please contact us using the Contact Us button.
About Identifying Whether an E-mail is from Locoprice
E-mails from Locoprice will never ask you for personal information. If you receive a suspicious (sometimes called phishing) e-mail, here are some tips to determine if it’s an e-mail from Locoprice.com.
If you received an e-mail regarding an order you didn’t place, the e-mail likely wasn’t from Locoprice.com. Please send the e-mail as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important:Don’t open any attachments or click any links from suspicious e-mails.
Suspicious e-mails not from Locoprice.com often contain:
- An order confirmation for an item you didn’t purchase or an attachment to an order confirmationNote: Go to Your Orders to see if there is an order that matches the details in the e-mail. If it doesn’t match an order in Your Account, the message isn’t from Locoprice.
- Requests for your Locoprice.com username and/or password, or other personal information
- Requests to update payment information
- Links to websites that look like Locoprice.com, but aren’t Locoprice
- Attachments or prompts to install software on your computer
- Typos or grammatical errors
- Forged e-mail addresses to make it look like the e-mail is coming from Locoprice.comNote: If the “from” line of the e-mail contains an Internet Service Provider (ISP) other than @locoprice.com, then it’s a fraudulent e-mail.
About E-mail Verification for New Accounts
We may ask that you verify ownership of your e-mail address before creating a new account.
If you do wish to create a new account using an e-mail that’s already associated to an Locoprice account, you’ll need to verify that you can access that e-mail address. To verify your e-mail address when creating a new Locoprice.com account:
- Click the link in the verification e-mail that’s automatically sent after attempting to create the new account.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Note: If you didn’t receive our verification e-mail:
- Confirm that your e-mail address was entered with the correct domain name and no spaces.
- Check your spam or junk e-mail folder.